Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Glass Hills


We did a pickup yesterday in Tulsa, Oklahoma.  This is an auto/truck glass factory.  The neat thing is all the glass hills as we come into the plant.
There are green, clear, black and dark blue.  
The dark blue is my favorite.



Unfortunately, we are always here in the middle/brightest part of the day.  Great for sparkles on the hills, but I just can't seem to get them into the camera!

Entering and exiting the plant, they have done some nice landscaping  with the glass.


Now you know what happens to all that broken glass that gets swept up off the street after a wreck.  I guess they get some from other places too, but I prefer the wreck theory!

We are taking it to Michigan, so I guess someone is still making something automotive there.

1 comment:

The Daily Rant said...

Wow! I never ever knew this!! How did I not know something like this? I've never been to one of these plants, so that could be ONE of the reasons, but what a photo opportunity!! The colors ARE beautiful. Thanks for sharing - I actually learned something new today! :)