Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Good Restaurant

This is the sign of a good restaurant.
What a treat to have yummy Cabot Creamery Butter available for delicious rolls.

And then . . . . . 

I fell into seafood Heaven.
I have always wanted to try a Lobster Roll and finally got the chance.
We are in Plattsburg, NY, about 25 miles south of Champlain, NY and the Canadian Border.

Mainely Lobster is a very unassuming, bland storefront looking place, but the reviews from Urban Spoon were all good.  Decided to try it for lunch and will be going back for dinner soon!!!!

As I said, the first thing I noticed was the Cabot Creamery Butter.  These people pay attention.  Our waitress indicated that they also use real Cabot Creamery Butter for the cooking as well as the drawn butter for lobsters.  
YES.  
BUTTER.

Anyway,
 back to the divine Lobster Roll.
Doesn't look like much, but it is simply fresh caught and cooked lobster with enough good mayo to hold it together.  That is all.  

Oh, and that lovely buttery toasted split piece of Texas Toast to stuff it into.

Sublime

Tony had some delish hand battered Haddock nuggets with good french fries.
I could have cared less.

Did I mention how good that Lobster Roll was?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Butter and lobster and more butter! Sounds like a perfect meal, if you ask me :) Thanks for sharing the photos- we appreciate the Cabot love!
~Jacquelyn