Thursday, January 6, 2011

Barefoots

I have an obsession with old commercial buildings.
And particularly, the BACKS of old commercial buildings.
Nothing happens around back in new strip centers and other newer commercial buildings,
BUT
an entire separate world resides behind very old downtown buildings.
I almost feel voyeuristic when I take pictures behind buildings, but I can't help it.
Balconies and back doors are to be found there.
Often I find wonderful old painted signs like this one.

Barefoots
&
Jackson
Furniture Co.

You just know there is a story there somewhere.

This was behind the Old Town section of Wilmington, NC.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In Terlingua, "Ducky" used to say, "...ridin the Amtrak gave a birds eye view of the back yards of America!!!" An you're right, seems like we need to look out back to find the true flavor anymore!!! Right on!!! Again, thanks so much for sharin your travels!!! I still think the Leo Trio are lucky, lucky dawgs!!!