Friday, December 31, 2010

Wilmington, North Carolina

We are enjoying the double luxury of getting a 34 hour restart for our hours 
AND 
doing it in a great place (basically that would mean any place other than a truck stop).

We are exploring Wilmington, NC today.
Started the day off at the Battleship North Carolina.
Tony was in the Navy, so it was a real treat for me to explore the ship with him.



I just love the "arm's length" photo.  
You never know what you are going to get.  
'Course I wish I didn't always take the shot with my nose up in the air!

Hope everyone has a safe and happy evening to welcome in the New Year.
We are parked within walking distance of our dinner choice
I feel a gin and tonic in my future . . . 

3 comments:

all things bradbury said...

well you are in a very safe place....i have a neice there who is an excellent nurse at new hanover regional ....just in case.....lol.....enjoy wilmington!....and happy to new year to you both!

Fandango Travelers said...

And back at ya - Hope the Bradbury's have a safe and happy one as well!

DesertDonna said...

Hey there, it's Donna.

Happy New Year to y'all!

Jana, I have had a Kindle for a year and love it, love it, love it! I started with the K2, then got the K3 to give to Tim, which lasted for exactly 0 seconds after I felt how much lighter it was and how much better the contrast. So he now has the K2!