Monday, November 2, 2009

BUYHANDMADE.ORG

Slide your eyes over there to the right.
See that new badge thingy on top of my profile info.
Yeah . . . that big green one.

I have always been one of those people who makes gifts.
Not always, but whenever possible. I enjoy the entire process involved - planning, making and giving.
Since we have been in the truck, I have had to rely on others to make most of my gifts.
Etsy.com is where I do most of my gift shopping now. I am a HUGE fan.

Whenever I have idle internet time, I like to peruse their main page. It is like peeking into a wonderful store window. I mark items as favorites to return to later when I have a gift giving occasion.
When I purchase an item from a seller on Etsy, I often communicate with them about gift packaging. They always do a special job for me and I greatly appreciate it.
(This is the shop of one of my blogger buddies - check out her wonderful jewelry)

In this year of stressful economic times, it is more important than ever to think about putting our gift giving dollars into the hands of artisans and craftspeople.

Won't you follow me in taking the Buy Hand Made pledge?

1 comment:

One Crafty Mother said...

Thanks for the plug! And for supporting handmade!!!! I always check Etsy first, it is amazing - you can find almost anything handmade. There are so many incredibly talented people!

-Ellie